Pages

22 February 2010

love and pain

Well, I figure I will go back to sharing some of my older writing. It has been a long time since I posted anything from that time. The following is a poem written while I was in high school. It talks about the decision I made to go against my father in choosing who I dated. Sometimes I wish I could go back to that time and make a different decision; that is a decision to keep that person in my life. I am thankful to have him back in my life now (and over the past several years). He is a dear friend!

love and pain

 

my heart yearns to be free

from all the pain I feel today

to love someone the way I do

is beautiful in every way

 

I feel your touch

I feel your stare

my love for you

is everywhere

 

candles burn bright

candles burn low

the love that's in my heart

will always glow

 

my heart yearns to be free

to make my own choice

my choice to be in love

or my choice to be in pain

 

that choice is you...

 

October 30, 1989

 

*Out of respect for him and his family, I will not post a picture to go with this poem. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Leeland said...

I love the way your words, carefully chosen, go straight to my heart.
Hugs,
Lili