Pages

23 January 2013

Shall I Lead or Follow?

I like reading my horoscopes from time to time. Yes, you read that right, horoscopes. You see, I was born in the center of the cusp. For those of you who aren’t familiar, the cusp is a week long transition period between the signs. I am one of the lucky ones who can follow 2 different signs: Taurus and Gemini. So today, I saw something that peaked my interest and thought I would share.

********

Leader or follower? Taurus (April 20 – May 20) taurus
When it comes to leading and following, Taurus could go either way. But in many ways, you’re more naturally a follower. With your innate, grounded creativity, you can tweak someone else’s high-flying ideas and create them in the real world. You tend to be careful and thorough, and have excellent determination and endurance – important qualities when it comes to seeing a project through to completion.
However, you also thrive in a leadership position. Stubborn at your core, you don’t like to be pushed; you’ll dig your heels in if someone tries to pressure you to do something you don’t want to do or that you don’t think is right. You also possess a strong moral sense that steers your behavior and decisions, often setting an example for others. In these ways, you’re a leader in your own right.

Leader or follower? Gemini (May 21 – June 20)
geminiOn the surface, Gemini, you’re more naturally a follower. As one of the most flexible signs of the Zodiac, you tend to deal better than most with change, and you’re often of two minds on many issues. You can see both sides of an argument, and when it comes to problem-solving, you have more than one viable idea. That’s why you make an excellent supporting member of a team. You can keep your friends or co-workers laughing and communicating as you offer up ideas and show everyone how to switch directions when needed.
But many of these qualities can also be instrumental in a leadership position. The truth is, you may not fit easily into either the “leader” or “follower” category. Instead, you might be more of a synthesizer – someone who takes several different ideas or approaches and combines them into something new and unique.

********

For me personally, I am not much of a leader. I just don’t have the desire for that type of role. However, I will say emphatically (and some might agree), I am STUBBORN to the core like my fellow Taureans. LOL!!!

No comments: