Pages

10 April 2013

Changing Tides

I keep trying to revamp this here blog of mine and it seems to stall out on me. Yeah, I am the one making it stall and I realise that. No follow through. Anyway, I am revamping it once again. This time it will serve a specific purpose: journaling as I go through a Bible study with some women at church.

We just started a women’s Bible study Sunday past. My sister thought it would be neat to do a study on the Proverb 31 Woman. One of our pastors agreed and we even found a couple other women that showed an interest. The pastor found a great book to use: A Lineage of Grace by Francine Rivers. lineageI must say, after having only read a few pages I am intrigued. The book is actually a collection of 5 novellas centering on 5 different women from the Bible: Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, Bathsheba and Mary. All are [direct] ancestors of Jesus Christ.

At the end of each novella are several pages of study questions. This is what I will primarily be blogging here. In addition, I will from time to time blog some commentary (for lack of a better term); my thoughts and feelings as I go through the readings.

No comments: