Pages

15 September 2012

Surreal

The past week and a half has been somewhat surreal to me. I am having a hard to dealing with the loss of my daddy. I expect him to be here when I get home. I expect to see his face. Yet he is not here. I know that in time my heart will heal from this loss and it will be easier to cope. Right now, I am thankful that my family and friends have been there for me when I need to just chat. I am grateful to my online friends for leaving sweet thoughts and comments on my posts here and on my cross-stitch blog.

This weekend has been especially hard for me. A lot of realisations are setting in. My finances aren't the greatest and I know it will be a struggle for a while, but I also know that I can weather this storm just fine. I am trying to make the home I have lived in for the past 6+ years mine, but I also don't want to take away from the fact that it was my dad's. The biggest obstacle I will face in the coming weeks and months is not a financial one but a personal one. For the first time in my life, I will be completely independent of anyone. I am so scared! I have a nagging fear that I will fall flat on my face, lol. At the same time, I have been wanting to be independent for a long time now.

With God's help, I will make it through this challenge with little scarring and a much stronger person.

"Behold, God is my salvation, 
I will trust and not be afraid; 
For the Lord God is my strength and song, 
 And He has become my salvation."

No comments: