Pages

07 May 2012

MMoM #66

This year is just flying by, don’tcha know!? I can’t believe summer is almost here. It seems like we just left winter behind. Of course, we are now beginning our monsoon season here in Florida. Today being no exception, it is trying to rain as I type this.

Here are this week’s questions for Meet Me On Monday.

Questions:
1.  I wish _________
2.  If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?
3.  Do you like to cook?
4.  What do you like to do to get exercise?
5.  How tidy are you?

Before I get to my answers, I just wanted to update you, my readers, on my dad’s condition. If you remember, he was diagnosed with Stage IV Colon Cancer last year (April). He has been receiving chemo treatments in varying forms since May. Currently, he is about halfway through his third drug and going in for another CT Scan in about a month. I sure hope this stuff is doing the trick and stopping any further growth/damage to his insides. He has been a trooper, but this drug has been making him ill.

Personally, I have a lot of decisions to make over the next several months. No, we don’t have a prognosis other than there is no cure. I had a grandma survive 3 years after diagnosis with this cancer, so I am hoping we have at least 2 more years with him. That said, I have been feeling the emotional pressures quite a bit. How do I deal with all of that? I don’t know, but somehow I am. I can honestly say that I am not getting much emotional support from those who I thought would be there for me. Instead, they have their own agenda’s now and what I thought was a stronger relationship building between us has become unraveled. I blame one person and it’s not me nor is it the other person. I blame a 3rd person for pulling the other away.

Which leads me to one of the decisions I have to make: where am I going to live when the inevitable happens? I sure as hell am not staying around here. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE Florida. I just know that I don’t want to be around those who continue to bring me down emotionally acting like they care when really they don’t. I could be wrong in this but the actions as of late have pointed in that direction. So, I will repeat here what I posted on my FB last night:

“I was there for you when you needed me. I was there for you when you were afraid. I was there for you when you were crying and depressed. But, when I needed you, you could not be bothered.”

Well, enough of that! Here are my answers:

1.  I wish I weighed 100 lbs less than I do at this time.
Grad Open House 19902LCC Graduation May 2004

Ideal weight on left; what I looked like in 2004 (not changed much since)712px-Space_Shuttle_Columbia_launching

2.  If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be? This is a tough one. I guess it would be the first Space Shuttle launch – in person of course.

3.  Do you like to cook? That would be a NOThumbs down, however I am a good cook. Smile

4.  What do you like to do to get exercise? Currently, my exercise routine consists of walking, walking and more walking. I work in a prison. There’s a lot of walking to and from my office, lol. I’d say I get about a mile in each day.

5.  How tidy are you? Depends on my mood. I have been in an “I don’t care” mood for a few years, so not too tidy. I do know where everything is so it’s all good!

Well, that’s about it for me. “C-ya” next time! Hot smile

No comments: