Pages

06 July 2013

Bathsheba

I have gotten through almost 2 chapters in the Bible Study on Bathsheba and am finding myself in her the deeper I get into this novella. Her deep and long-lasting love for David resonates. At this point, having read about three grace-filled women from the Bible, I can truly come to the conclusion that I am blessed. I am a mixture of these women for sure. I'll touch on that more at a later time.

I have loved deeply and still love deeply. There is only one man for me and only God Himself knows who that man is for certain. The man that I truly love, deeply love, is the man I want to spend my life with. I only hope that my desires mesh with God's plans. Sometimes I see things coming together. Other times I have to remind myself that God IS in control. I cannot have control over my life anymore. I have to let HIM lead me.

Then David sent messengers, and took her; and she came to him, and he lay with her, for she was cleansed from her impurity; and she returned to her house. II Samuel 11:4

No comments: