Pages

28 July 2013

Switching gears...Mary, mother of Jesus

We finished Bathsheba last week in Bible Study and began Mary this week. I am excited this is coming to a conclusion, but also a little bummed. I am not sure what will be next. I just hope we can keep this little group going for some time.

As we have only just begun Mary this morning, I haven't much to tell or reflect on yet. I mean, I have read the stories in the Bible many times and feel comfortable enough to know that Mary was a strong and courageous woman of faith. Everything she had to endure, from the virgin birth to the death of her son on the cross. This can only be symbolic of strength and courage, undying faith and devotion, and most of all GRACE.


As I have said before, going through these novellas, reading about each of these women, has given me some perspective of my own life. The happy times and the hardships I have faced. The triumphs and the disappointments. The serenity and even the confusion. I am learning a lot about myself and the kind of woman that I not only need to be, but want to be. I have been working on trying to figure out who I am for so long that looking at these women is like looking at myself through another set of eyes.

The biggest realisation I have made is I only need to be the woman God created me to be. And that is what I have to open my heart, mind and soul to at this point. I know that I have always been a loving, caring person. I try to bring out the best in those I surround myself with; yet at times I have not been successful. I know that when it's God's timing, He will bring forth the man who is meant for me and learning to wait on Him has been my biggest struggle the past few months.

I also know that the past few weeks my heart has been torn. I feel like I am being pulled in several directions at once. I won't divulge anymore than that. I just pray that God helps me to understand His plan for me and relieves some of the torment I am feeling.

No comments: